Our Teaching Philosophy
We believe children learn through hands on, developmentally appropriate activities that incorporate learning opportunities in the areas of physical, social, emotional, cognitive, and spiritual growth.
All teaching at Chapter One is based on the following principles:
- Children learn through active exploration.
- Children learn and mature at different rates.
- Learning comes from open-ended experiences.
- Adults are facilitators of children’s learning, based on a children-centered classroom.
- Children are a gift from God, whose hearts are open to faith lessons and belief.
- All areas of learning (cognitive, physical, social, emotional maturity) must be in place before a child is ready to enter kindergarten.